Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas

Today I sit and contemplate Christmas. For so many of my childhood years I don't remember Christmas as being a good time of year. Christmas falls at the end of the month and we never had money at the end of the month. Maybe that is why I try to over do things on Christmas. This year, like last year, I cannot do that. I have let my self-discipline slide and finances are in a mess. I have to buckle down and the kids aren't going to be happy but They are 17 and 14. They will get over it. I have a few things for my eldest daughter and we are not opening gifts at my house until after my son comes home so that gives me a little time to actually buy some gifts but I have come to question the whole Christmas experience. What are the gifts supposed to represent actually? I kow that the gifts in the Bible were gifts of wealth but our society has commercialized Christmas to the point that it doesn't even make any sense anymore. I am thankful that I have my family and I have a roof over my head but I really have to buckle down and get myself straight. You'd think that with the amount of money that we bring in each month between mother, Karl, and I, that finances wouldn't be a problem. I just don't manage it properly I suppose.

2 comments:

  1. Time to put that Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University to use! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try doing a journal of what amount of $ comes in and goes out. You do so much with the family. Stress has built up. Some churches offer financial classes...

    ReplyDelete